- 8 cups broccoli florets (2-inch pieces)
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup slides red bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 T smooth natural peanut butter
- 2-1/2 T reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 1 T light brown sugar
- 1 t cornstarch (non-GMO)
- 1 T toasted sesame seeds
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket. Add broccoli, cover, and cook until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the steamed broccoli and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Whisk peanut butter, tamari, vinegar, sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Stir into the vegetables. Cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.